Cancer Rehabilitation Therapy in Chicago
Combining Western and European medicinal culture, we enhance your body’s internal healing mechanism and relieve symptoms you might experience after cancer treatment.
Cancer Rehabilitation through skilled & personal Physical Therapy
Physical therapy is an essential part of cancer rehabilitation that can help you address the physical and emotional effects that arise from cancer treatment (such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery). These can cause a wide range of physical side effects, including fatigue, weakness, pain, neuropathy, and lymphedema.
If you are experiencing symptoms like pain, discomfort, or stiffness, our team of physical therapists can assist in easing them by incorporating exercises and stretches that specifically target the affected areas. Through improving your range of motion, strength, and flexibility, physical therapy can also help you regain your independence and return to daily activities with greater ease.
Our Physical Therapy for cancer rehabilitation includes:
- Lymphedema management. Lymphedema is a common side effect of cancer treatment, especially for patients who have undergone surgery or radiation therapy. If appropriate, our physical therapy can include lymphatic drainage massage, compression bandaging, and exercise to reduce swelling and improve lymphatic flow.
- Pain management. Cancer treatments can cause a range of pain, including neuropathy, joint pain, and muscular pain. The Physical Therapy include modalities such as heat or cold therapy, electrical stimulation, or massage therapy to help relieve pain.
- Strengthening exercises. Cancer treatments can cause muscle weakness and fatigue. Physical therapy at Advance Core includes exercises to help rebuild strength and endurance.
- Balance and coordination training. Cancer treatments can affect your balance and coordination, which can increase the risk of falls. Our customized PT exercises help improve balance and coordination to reduce the risk of falls.
- Range of motion and flexibility exercises. Cancer treatments can cause joint stiffness and limited range of motion. Our Chicago Physical Therapy can include exercises to improve flexibility and range of motion.
Besides addressing physical symptoms, our caring and motivating PT team can also benefit your mental wellbeing by providing emotional support and plenty of motivation!
Coping with cancer can take a significant toll on your mental health, but physical therapy can provide you with a safe and supportive environment to work through your feelings and find hope in your recovery.
With a completely personalized treatment plan, we will help you move forward with confidence and strength.
Frequently Asked Cancer Rehabilitation Questions
Cancer rehabilitation is a process of care that helps cancer patients regain their physical, emotional, and social well-being.
It is designed to support patients who have undergone cancer treatments, such as surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and immunotherapy, to help them recover from the effects of these treatments.
Cancer rehabilitation focuses on restoring patients’ functional abilities, reducing symptoms and side effects, and improving their quality of life. It is a holistic approach that involves various healthcare professionals, including physicians, psychologists, and physical therapists.
Physical therapy is an essential component of cancer rehabilitation, as it helps cancer patients restore physical function, strength, and mobility.
Physical therapists work closely with patients to create a plan that helps manage pain, reduce fatigue, and improve balance and coordination. Additionally, physical therapy can help cancer patients overcome anxiety and depression, as it provides a sense of accomplishment and a more positive outlook on life.
Physical therapy plays a crucial role in cancer rehabilitation, as it empowers patients to regain physical strength, improve self-confidence, and enhance overall well-being.
One of the most common side effects of cancer treatment is fatigue, which can make it difficult to perform even basic daily activities.
Our physical therapists work with cancer patients to develop exercise programs tailored to their specific needs and limitations, which can help to reduce fatigue and improve overall quality of life. PT helps address issues with balance, strength, and range of motion, all of which can be impacted by cancer treatment.
By working with a physical therapist, patients can build their physical resilience and improve their ability to perform daily activities, which can make a huge difference in their overall well-being.
In addition to the physical benefits, physical therapy can also have a positive impact on mental health. Receiving a cancer diagnosis can be incredibly stressful and can lead to feelings of anxiety or depression. Our trained and passionate therapists can serve as a source of emotional support and provide patients with tools to help them manage their stress levels throughout their cancer treatment.
All of these benefits can help cancer patients to feel more empowered and in control of their treatment, which can be an important factor in their overall recovery.
Get Started Today
Meet your PT provider
Schedule an appointment and meet your Chicago Physical Therapist who will help you put together a PT plan.
Follow the customized plan
The physical therapy plan we create for you will ensure you get better and start feeling results, fast.
Reach your goals
Forget about embarrassment, pain, or holding back. Get back to living your life — stronger than ever.